4/10/09

My Creative Space

So I shared the redo of my creative space so I thought I would share some of the things that have been going on in my space. Actually they've been going on in the livingroom and out on the deck but you get the idea.

These are some crochet projects I've been working on.



This is a tablecloth I've been working on for over 3 years now. It's made of motifs about 4 inches wide. I have about a third finished, I would have been completely finished byt I get distracted by other projects.


This is one of the projects that distracted me. This afghan is a Christmas present for a relative, not saying who but if you're kin to me and you already have one of my afghans then it's not for you ;o) It’s done in worsted weight yarn.



This is a piece of lace pillowcase edging I've been working on, I plan to use it along the edge of one of the shelves in my sewing room. As you can see I haven't worked in the tails yet. The shelf is long enough that I will actually need two to go all the way across. I started to do one long piece but changed my mind, I figure if I do it in two pieces I can always use it on pillowcases if I get tired of it as shelf edging. The edging is made of #10 cotton thread.



This is a piece I did awhile back. I really like the way it turned out. It’s crocheted of DMC embroidery thread because that’s the only way I could find all the colors I was looking for. I’m thinking of doing another in #30 (much finer than #10) all white or white accented with a second color and then frame it.



And this is a highchair I picked up at Salvation Army for $15. Jenny Lind was very fashionable when my kids were babies and I wanted one so bad but they didn't come cheap. But now I have one for the grandkids :o) As you can see it was in bad shape. It had to be taken apart and completely re-glued. I sanded it down and put one coat of primer on it. It needs another sanding and another coat of primer, then I'm going to put two coats of a creamy white oil based gloss on it. I think I'm going to accent the spindles with red or possibly a combo of red, baby blue and yellow.


To see what's happening in other creative spaces go visit kootoyoo.

2 comments:

Debbi-a1 said...

All that loks great. You do wonderful work

socksgirl said...

You got quite the deal at your local salvation army. Whenever I look for furniture at mine it's too expensive or ugly.

I need to learn to grab the deals when you see them though, a few years back at a different thrift store/consignment shop I saw an old wicker baby carriage. It was huge and not in bad shape considering it had to be at least 100 years old. I was going to restore it and use it as a photography prop but I put off buying it, I hadn't been working very long and I had a lot of debt so $80 was a lot of money to me. Then someone else snatched it up =( I will never find a deal like that again.