12/30/09

2009 - The Year of New Beginnings.

2009 has been a year of changes, uncertainty, close calls and near misses. There has been financial uncertainty, near fatal illnesses, and mind numbing catastrophes, but God is good and He has seen us to the other side of each of those events and inspite of all of the drama we’ve also had some awesome rewards and priceless gifts.


I am a glass half full sort of person so instead of focusing on all the bad I’ve decided to see 2009 as the year of new beginnings. J has a new husband, G has a new diploma, T has a new son, K is home and starting a new life as a civilian. And me, well I’ve got a better grasp on what means the most to me, who I am, who I hope to be and what I hope to accomplish in the coming year.


Below are a few pictures of the highlights of 2009.



1/2/09 J & J got married.

March - Toby came to live with us and we are very glad he did.


May - G graduated from High Point University with honors.








Little J was born. Grandchildren are the reward
that makes coping with your own children worth the strife.



K finished his tour of duty and came home.


The quintessential totem of new beginnings
and it hatched right in my own kitchen.
I wonder if just maybe God was trying to tell me something.

No comments: