5/21/10

Baked Red Fish


You can live with someone for 30+ years and still not know everything there is to know about them. After cooking for G, the kids, and any guest we had for almost 30 years I find out that my husband is an awesome cook.

In all the time I've known and been married to G I have never seen him cook anything from scratch. But tonight he blew me away with the best baked Red fish I've ever put in my mouth. The stuff was awesome.

I had asked him to stop by the grocery store and pick up some bananas and while he was there he bought 3 fish filets. He had no plan for how to prepare and cook them, just the confidence of a novice that he would figure something out, and he did. And the best part was he needed no help. He simply went in to the kitchen and about 30 minuts later he called me to come and eat. I did offer a few suggestions along the way but he did all the work.

The fish were so good that I thought others might like to try the recipe as well. I would have posted this recipe much sooner but I couldn't get blogger to post a picture and I thought you might like to see what the fish looked like. So finally I figure out a solution to the problem and now I have a pic of the fish.




Here's the recipe.

G's Savory Baked Red Fish ©

3 Fish Filets (approx. 1 1/2 lbs) you can use Red fish, flounder, whitefish, halibut, or cod.
Mrs Dash
Salt

Mix together:

1 tsp instant minced onion
1/2 tsp powdered mustard
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 mayonnaise

Let mixture stand for 10 minutes.


Preheat oven to 425 f. Arrange fish filets in greased 9 x 11 baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with Mrs. Dash and salt to taste. Spread mayo mixture over fish. Bake for 25- 30 minutes until browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.

Enjoy!!!

This recipe is protected by US copyright laws. You may make a copy for personal use. You may link back to this recipe. Please do not post a copy of this recipe on any other website, blog, forum or webpage of any kind, anywhere.


No comments: