3/23/08

Easter

This morning I woke to find that the Easter Bunny has brought me my favorite candy, Lindor White Chocolate truffles, a lovely litte pair of salt and pepper shakers in the shape of birds dressed in my favorite color of blue and a sweet card from my hubby.

Later we went to church together, it was a lovely survice. The ending song was one of my all time favorites. It's called "In Christ Alone".

Later we had lunch at Cracker Barrell and I bought two bunnies for my collection at 40% off. One is a tall plaster bunny painted to look as though he's made of chocolate. The other is a pillow made from a knitted material that resemble burlap but isn't nearly as rough. I also tried a sample of their new 'Chocolate Raspberry' hand lotion, it smelled devine but I didn't purchase it.

Then I went to check on daughters cats and ferret because she's visiting her dad in our home town of Tallahassee. The cat actually came out and greeted me, I felt very honored. The ferret enjoyed getting a little extra attention when I fed her some peanut butter... it's her favorite treat.

Then this afternoon I spent some quality gardening time weeding my herb garden. Last year the husband was convinced it was the perfect place for tomatoes in spite of my telling him it would be much too dry. Well I was right; it was too dry. However the herbs I planted their last fall are already putting on new growth and I am certian it's going to be the perfet spot for them. It's the narrow ledge behind the retaining wall that we built when we were putting in the greenhouse. It's full sun and well drained. The soil is neither to rich or too poor.

And miracle of miracles, the neighbor on my west side cleaned that mess of over grown mulitflora rose off my fence. Now I can finally grow something attractive on it. We've planted a 'Don Jaun' climbing rose their already and I plan to add some iris, salvia and some other sun lovers as well.

That's about it for today. It's one of my goals this year to get into the habit of blogging so hopefully I'll be back soon.

No comments: